Hi all,

I just wanted to raise an issue a colleague pointed out recently. When you
generate an ideal peptide in the form of an alpha helix using the builder
function in Pymol, the intra-molecular H-bonds that characterise an alpha helix
(I to i+4) are too close (2.2 Angstrom O-N). If you generate such a peptride,
save it then reopen in Pymol, extra bonds are drawn between N-H and O=
indicating the close proximity. Whilst I realise Pymol is not currently
designed to "Model" structures, could this be updated.

Cheers

Joel

_________________________________
Joel Tyndall, PhD