Hi Андрей,

That is not possible.

You set a new property on a chempy model instance. load_model converts
that model into an internal representation, simply neglecting the new
property. get_model creates a fresh chempy model instance, which has
no .name property.

If you really, really want to do it, you'll have to change the chempy
model class definition in the code, but also change the internal
structure and the functions load_model and get_model.

The best solution is just do the bookkeeping yourself in the script.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Андрей Гончар <gontc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> As an example:
> I create a chempy model
> m = chempy.model.Indexed()
> I add some atoms and bonds to this model
> I add an attribute 'name' to this model
> m.name = 'model_name'
> After that I load this model into PyMOL
> cmd.load_model(m, 'loaded_model')
> [I do something] an I want my model back. So I execute
> m1 = cmd.get_model('loaded_model')
> But now object m1 does not have the attribute 'name'
> and m1.name gives an error.
>
> Is it possible to add and preserve extra arguments to model objects?
>
> --
>
> Андрей Гончар

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands