Hi Sasi,

for "pair_fit" you have to match all atom pairs manually. I guess what
you want is "align" on the full monomers and then "rms_cur" (or just
distance measure) on each CA pair.

Have a look at the "rmsd_b.py" script from
http://pldserver1.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/

It writes per residue deviation to the b-factor column.

Example:

fetch 2hv1, async=0
extract mono2, chain B
align mono2, 2hv1, cycles=0, object=aln
rmsd_b mono2 & aln, 2hv1 & aln
iterate mono2 and name CA, print (resi,b)

Hope that helps.

--
Thomas Holder
MPI for Developmental Biology