Hi Corey,

PyMOL has an internal ray tracer, have you tried that? Just type "ray"
in the command line and hit enter.

http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Ray

You can also pass ray=1 to the "png" command for saving ray traced images.

http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Png

I never used POV-ray, I guess you only want to use it if you are an
expert and know it's particular advantages.

--
Thomas Holder
MPI for Developmental Biology