Hi,

I am planing to purchase a LOW-COST "3D Protein Cave" consisting of a 3D
capable projector (720p @ 120Hz or DLP 3D Ready?) and a windows 7
computer with a quadro 2000 card. However, I am a bit sceptic about the
sync problem which leads to ghosting.

main Questions:

1) Is anyone out there succesfully running a 3D projektor (with true
stereoscopic 3D at 720p @ 120Hz) that has ist own 3-pin vesa out (!) to
drive the nvidia emitter (like modern 3DTVs do)? This would be the best
solution to avoid ghosting (i.e. the output device drives the glasses,
not the video card)!

2) Is anyone out there succesfully running a 3D projektor using the DLP
Link option (white flash in between images to sync the glasses). Is this
technique being used at all (for true stereoscopic 3D software such as
Pymol, Coot, Yasara, etc.) by anyone?

Optional:

3) What about the new and true 3D Monitors with a build-in IR emitter.
Do those work well for 3D steroscopic viewing with software like Pymol?

Any input is welcome, I do not want to spend a lot of money to find out
it does not work after all....

Jeroen.