Thanks Sabuj,

useful info indeed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sabuj Pattanayek [mailto:sab...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 4:18 PM
To: Schubert, Carsten [JRDUS]
Cc: Max Ferretti; pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [PyMOL] Viewing PyMol in 3D

You don't need a quadro with a 3 pin port to do stereo in linux
anymore, but you do need a "new" model quadro, e.g. a quadro 600. The
tradeoff is that you'll pay more for the 120hz monitors with the
built-in 3d vision v2 emitters, see here :

http://plato.cgl.ucsf.edu/pipermail/chimera-users/2012-November/008177.html

I haven't' tested a standalone 3d vision v2 emitter with linux, it may
behave the same way as the lcd's with the built-in v2 emitter.