Thanks but it looks like I am ok now ( aside from orignally posting this on the
wrong list LOL).

My python build still hangs and has problems with the list area on right but
the configure/make
build process works fine and I could find the problem. Generally error checking
is the
last thing ayone wants to do and the positions sensitive fields are a big
problem
to find from a segfault.  I think this is the 5..0.2 open source version.

In any case,  I wanted to allow for input of some custom file formats and maybe
integrate with some of my old code and it now looks like I can do that.  Would
be
happy to contribute at some point if I get something that works LOL.

Thanks.