Hello Thomas,
thanks for your reply.

You are right, I unintentionally switched the antialias and angle parameters,
sorry about that.
But that does not change mush the outcome, any cmd.ray gives me the
segmentation fault.
I'm getting no output from cmd.png unless I use the ray command first (which
works fine only with loaded GUI), and that seems to be a rather common issue in
GUI-less mode (http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Png).
You said you weren't getting a seg. fault with the latest SVN code, did you ran
it GUI-less?
The representations I'm using are surfaces, however I get the same error with
any of them, and in different machines.

Here's a example of script that gives me the error:

import __main__
#__main__.pymol_argv = [ 'pymol', '-qc'] # Quiet and no GUI
__main__.pymol_argv = [ 'pymol', '-q' ]
import pymol, time

pymol.finish_launching()
pymol.cmd.load("temp.pdb")
pymol.cmd.ray() -----> this line gives segmentation fault
pymol.cmd.png("image.png", 640, 640, 300,1) -----> this wont work without
loaded GUI

pymol.cmd.quit()

Cheers,

Ricardo.

---
Biological Chemistry and Physics
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Ribeirão Preto
University of São Paulo - Brazil