FYI: I was able to get Pyopencl running on Windows 10 using the method outlined
in this link

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/jfp/entry/Installing_PyOpenCl_On_Anaconda_For_Windows?lang=en

The laptop is HP ENVY with I7-6700HQ with Intel 530 graphics and NVidia GeForce
GTX 950M. I was able to get my code working on both graphics cards with no
problems using both Python 2.7 and Python 3.5 based installers from anaconda,
and the Pyopencl binaries from Christoph Golke, (2015 for 2.7, 2016 for 3.5).
Python 3.5 is slow in a couple of places, seemingly due to arbitrary integer
precision and the fact I have a couple of while loops that are 32 bit integer
dependent. Indeed, those would not finish on the python 3.5 code. BUT, Pyopencl
worked as expected. I did not run the test suite only my code.

Also, I was able to put Ubuntu 16.04 on this same laptop and get Pyopencl to
run with no problems by using the Ubuntu repository binaries for
nvidia-cuda-toolkit and python-pyopencl. However, I had to disable UEFI secure
boot or the NVIDIA drivers would not load. I need to run the test suite here
because I am seeing the following problem with my code.

On Windows everything calculates as expected that is I get the results I expect
in my code test. In Ubuntu there appears to be a problem with my sorting
function. (Code on windows and Ubuntu are exactly the same except for the
program working directory.) That is particles in the simulation appear stacked
to one side instead of uniformly randomly distributed across the simulation
grid. If I remove the sorting function that problem goes away but the final
answer I expect (100) is double (200). I see this on my Ubuntu 14.04
workstation with NVidia GTX 780 TI as well.

I assume the problem is in the CUDA toolkit and Pyopencl combination. No other
systems have this behavior. I have the code running on windows on Intel
Graphics Cards, AMD graphics cards, and now NVidia Cards. It doesn't work on
Linux. The equivalent Cuda version works as expected on Linux and an OpenCL
version using Scipy Weave inline works as expected (only a little slower).

Joe Reese Haywood, Ph.D., DABR
Medical Physicist
Johnson Family Cancer Center
Mercy Health Muskegon
1440 E. Sherman Blvd, Suite 300
Muskegon, MI 49444
Phone: 231-672-2019
Email: haywo...@mercyhealth.com

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Trinity Health and is
intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain
information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the
error in a separate email.