From: PyOpenCL [mailto:pyopencl-boun...@tiker.net] On Behalf Of Stephane
Paulin-Henriksson
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:19 AM
To: pyopencl@tiker.net
Subject: Re: [PyOpenCL] getting started with pyopencl

thank you,

So, I will start softly with opencl…

I was hoping I could avoid the opencl/c++ step. that’s usually a big python
advantage. I don’t have any clear difficulty yet, I was just planning to
introduce some concepts and syntaxes and play with some codes (I have several
Markov Chains - pymc3 codes for instance) and then debug a more elaborate
pipeline.

for example I’ve seen there are several ways for opening a context while I
don’t even know why having context is required...

Stéphane

On 10 août 2017, at 11:00, Sven Warris <s...@warris.nl <mailto:s...@warris.nl>
> wrote:

Dear Stephane,

Starting out with parallel computing can be indeed a big challenge.