Hi Niko, hi all!

I've read in the IRC logs that there has been a bit of discussion about
what genjvm still lacks in order to translate pypy.

Some weeks ago I also tried to translate pypy-jvm; it seems that the two
most important missing features are r_dict and weakrefs.

The good news is that with some hacks it's possible to get a pypy
version that doesn't make use of r_dict or weakrefs: have a look at this
IRC log:
http://tismerysoft.de/pypy/irc-logs/pypy/%23pypy.log.20070307

The bad news is that even with those changes, jvm crashed because of a
failed assertion, then I gave up. I've no clue what it's going wrong,
but maybe it's not something terribly wrong to fix.

I hope that this infos can help you in some way :-).

ciao Anto