Hi,

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Liam Staskawicz <lst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is correct, the non-jitted version can be cross-translated to
> ARM. Although it still only supports the Boehm GC

I think that you are saying something wrong: "no jit + our own GC +
the shadowstack gc root finder" should get you pure ANSI C, and
basically run anywhere.  Still, even this version is 1.5x to 2x slower
than CPython.

You should also mention that some work I did recently adds support for
the shadowstack gc root finder to the JIT, so that even on ARM having
the JIT with a good GC is not far away (even if it's indeed not done
yet).

> At this point in time we have no official minimum requirements to run
> pypy on ARM, but (quoting Armin) probably anything starting from 64MB
> should be fine, depending on the application.

I'm rather confident than 64MB is enough, but I also guess that 32MB
has a chance to work.  With only 16MB I bet nothing much works right
now (given that e.g. our GC, by default, does not collect before the
heap grew to at least 16MB).  It may be possible for anyone with
enough motivation to improve the situation on 16MB.

A bientôt,

Armin.