Hi Mitchell,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc
<amaur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But it would still be great to see the whole thing work without having to
>> translate all of PyPy. Is this possible?
>
> Sure, you must write unit tests anyway.

To complete this answer, what you should test is on the one hand
pypy/module/posix, and on the other hand pypy/rpython/module.  If both
are working, then the combination in a full PyPy will likely work too.
 It is not possible to write integration tests in this case: you need
a full translation.  But it is, as I said, likely to work if both
parts work, and it will be tested nightly by using the translated
pypy-c to run "pypy-c pytest.py pypy/module/posix/test -A".

The -A flag is used to run AppTests directly on top of the current
interpreter.  In addition to the use case above, you can also directly
check that CPython 2.7 behaves really like your tests say it does, by
running "python2.7 pytest.py pypy/module/posix/test -A".

A bientôt,

Armin.