Hi,

In the PyPy benchmark there's a Django test that shows tremendous speedup of
Django when running PyPy-JIT. But that is just for Django templates. What about
the other parts of Django?

1) For URL routing Django uses the re module, which is a C extension. Would JIT
work with that?

2) Other parts such as DB driver also contains C code, again would that work
with JIT? I suppose I could use a pure Python driver, but would a JIT'd pure
Python driver be much slower than a native driver?

In general are there any rules of thumbs regarding PyPy and C extensions - what
works, what doesn't?

Thanks.