Hi Mitchell,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Mitchell Hashimoto
<mitchell.hashim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One question: The tests take quite awhile to run, even for a single file. Is
> this normal?

Yes, kind of.  This is particular to test_ctypes.  For me it takes
about 30 seconds just for the command you gave, whereas CPython
completes in 1.5 seconds.  This is due to a combination of factors: it
takes much longer to run ctypes tests because, due to the nature of
tests, the JIT doesn't really work (every test being run once), and so
the result is bad on PyPy because ctypes is mostly written at
app-level (in pure Python).  I also think that in this case some tests
take a long time and fail, but succeed very quickly on CPython.

A bientôt,

Armin.