Hi Timothy,

On 10 March 2018 at 01:26, Timothy Baldridge <tbaldri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a rather strange use-case for a data type in a rpython interpreter.
> What I need is a raw malloc, but with a custom GC hook.

GC hooks make no sense with non-GC structures.  Try to describe more
what you're trying to achieve.  For example, maybe you have some GC
object that itself contains a pointer to the raw variable-sized
structure, and you want the GC to follow references from this GC
object to other GC objects via the raw variable-sized structure.  Then
you'd put the GC hook on this GC object.

A bientôt,

Armin.