Hi,

Feth AREZKI wrote:
I got a (beginner?) problem initializing some objects, for instance of the class KAboutData:
  *works:
from kdecore import KAboutData (how to be sure of the kdecore version used? I suspect it's from kde 3, help(KAboutData) is not explicit) *does not work, although is favoured by documentation [0]:
     from PyKDE4.kdecore import KAboutData'.
     (help(KAboutData) refers to kde4 classes)

However, it seems I cannot use both kinds of imports in the same program (both wrap the QObject class...).

So, should I use only the first kind of import ? Will it work ?

For example:

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.1/kdebindings/python/pykde4/tests/i18n_test.py?revision=829867&view=markup

The first one is KDE 3 as you correctly guessed. The second is KDE 4.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/