Hello Armen,

it's hard to tell from just one error message, but it smells of a version
mismatch in the libraries. The answers in the stackoverflow thread guessed
that, too.
So one solution could be to update all packages (Python, Qt, PyQt,
PyQtGraph) to their newest version (with apt-get) and take care that the
(Python-)versions match! But I remember that was a pain to do under Ubuntu,
because it insistet on using an old version of Python for it's internal
scripts and a lot of the included packages are not up-to-date. So, I had to
get some packages from alternative sources.

My recommended solution would be to use a virtual environent, where you can
configure your Python exactly to your needs. I usually use Anaconda (
https://www.anaconda.com/download/) and create a clean environment for each
project. I haven't testet the Linux version, but it should be worth a try.
There are also other Python-distributions and virtual environments, this is
just what I'm going with.

I hope it helps!

Regards
Sebastian