If you want the plot as your main widget in a window, just use a
QMainWindow and set the PlotWidget from pyqtgraph as the central widget.

If you want more control over your layout and where the plot is positioned
use Qt Creator and promote a Qt widget to a PlotWidget. See
here
http://www.pyqtgraph.org/documentation/how_to_use.html#embedding-widgets-inside-pyqt-applications