Doug,

Thanks for the response.  That did push me in the right direction to
find what I needed.  I did get my robot working with the WiBox serial
to ethernet converter.  For the good of the list, I'll share what I
had to do.

In the pioneer.cfg file, I needed to add lines to tell the robot to
communicate via TCP rather than a serial port. I found the right
info at
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Player-cvs/player/group__driver__p2os.html

-George