Dave Zoltok wrote:
The values being sent out from the network are sigmoided to be between 0 and 1. I've compared my code to Randy Beer's C++ version and it's behaving as expected.

Here's the output from the first step in the default Braitenburg.py world (the output):

left input = 0.154401, right input = 0.147611
left state = 9.925388, right input = 9.925658
left output = 0.481356, right output = 0.481423

If I try passing the left and right outputs into self.motors(), none of this is output at all, even though the print statements occur before self.motors() is called.

Dave,

The only thing I can think of is that the values you are passing in aren't actually floating point numbers. Perhaps your code is returning something else? You might try wrapping a float() around them before passing them to motors.

BTW, would you be interested in contributing your ctrnn code to Pyro, or making a wiki page describing its use?

-Doug

Dave