Flavio Coelho wrote:
Hi,

I am starting to play with Pyro recently and I was wondering what is the recommended way of debugging pyro modules such as brain modules. can I run them outside the pyrobot GUI in order to take advantage of the many graphical debugger available to python?

thnx,

Flávio

Flávio,

Unfortunately, it isn't easy to run Pyro (in the normal way) without the Pyro GUI. However, you can run it in some non-standard ways. Check out the page:

http://pyrorobotics.org/?page=PyroFromPython

The main issue is that the gui is the code that updates the sensors. If I were to rewrite Pyrobot, I'd have all of the updating done asynchronously, then you could run any any Python environment.

I've been working on an example that doesn't use the standard Pyro GUI, but talks directly to the Python simulator. However, it still does use the threaded brain classes to load the brains. You might have some luck doing something like that. See attached code and run it like:

python -i evolang.py

If you do figure out a nice way to do this, please let us know.

-Doug