Bradford Barr wrote:
Hey all,

I'm new to Pyro, and I'm having some issues with the V4LCamera. When I run a Test robot with a V4LCamera device it asks me for the device, width, height and channel. I leave all of those default and get an error:

V4L constructor '/dev/video0' (160 x 120) x 3 ch = 0
Initializing Video4Linux /dev/video0..Error: with Videochannelioctl VIDIOCGCHAN: Invalid argument

lsmod shows that I have v4l1_compat installed, and I've used the camera with other programs (mplayer and opencv). I'm runnning Archlinux, kernel 2.6.27. <http://2.6.27.> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Brad,

I don't have time to dig into this this week, but I would suspect it might be a V4L1 vs V4L2 issue. Take a look at:

pyrobot/camera/v4l/V4L.cpp

it looks like there is a section of code marked with DUMMY_VIDIOC_QUERYCAP that might work for you. You could use that init rather than the other, and re-make the file.

Let us know if that helps (or if you solve the problem). Thanks,

-Doug