On 04/03/2011 01:51 PM, Christine A. Shannon wrote:
Here is an email from a student about loading the rumpus world into
thhe pyrobot simulator.  Can someone help me decipher the error?

Thanks, Christine Shannon Centre College

Sent from my iPad

I was attempting to work on the Wumpus World, and I downloaded the
world from moodle, but when I try to load the world I get the
following from the terminal:

Using PYROBOT on posix with CPU 0 in '/usr/local/pyrobot'...
Attempting to import 'WumpusWorld'... Loaded
'/home/CENTRE/cara.monical/Downloads/WumpusWorld.pyc'! Traceback
(most recent call last): File
"/usr/local/pyrobot/plugins/simulators/PyrobotSimulator", line 83,
in<module> gui = INIT(worldFile) File
"/usr/local/pyrobot/plugins/simulators/PyrobotSimulator", line 26, in
INIT retval = userspace.INIT() File
"/home/CENTRE/cara.monical/Downloads/WumpusWorld.py", line 308, in
INIT return GUI(root, 400, 400) File
"/home/CENTRE/cara.monical/Downloads/WumpusWorld.py", line 30, in
__init__ self.wumpusImage = self.wumpusImage.resize( (100, 100),
Image.BILINEAR ) File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1290, in
resize self.load() File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 201, in
load raise IOError("image file is truncated (%d bytes not processed)"
% len(b)) IOError: image file is truncated (2 bytes not processed)

I am not sure what this means, or what I can do about it.  The
original Wumpus World gives me the same problem.

There were some corrupted images when we migrated from CVS to SVN, but those have been fixed thanks to Debbie Burhans.

You can get those images from:

http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/viewvc/pyrobot/trunk/images/

Click each image link, and then (download) saving (as root) into /usr/local/pyrobot/images/.

-Doug

--
Douglas S. Blank
Associate Professor, Computer Science, Bryn Mawr College