On 14.10.22 22:52, ic...@gmx.net wrote:
All this code was working with 6.x versions before. This enum change really does make me swet like an overheated pumpkin spice latte and it is rather unexpected to see all these incompatible changes so late in the PySide6... The blog post is very brief in explaining how to properly port existing code to 6.4.x, is there a more detailed porting guide about how to move from <6.4.x to >= 6.4.x? What code needs to be changed in what way?
Hi Christoph,

there is rather complete information about the new Python enums in
https://doc.qt.io/qtforpython/considerations.html#the-new-python-enums

This information is there since version 6.3, where the new enums
were introduced as a documented option to try out.
This should avoid surprizes and help the developers to fix
problems early.

On your concrete enum problems:
In order to address your issues, please give us minimalistic
but complete code examples. We will try to help, quickly.

With kind regards -- Chris

--
Christian Tismer-Sperling    :^)   tis...@stackless.com
Software Consulting          :     http://www.stackless.com/