Hello,
The maintainers of `asyncio` are considering deprecation of `asyncio.set_event_loop_policy()`, as it's not needed for IO use cases. This would affect Qt for Python, including [examples/async code] which people presumably reuse in their own projects.

It's not entirely clear what the recommended replacement should be. `asyncio` developers could use some help understanding GUI integration use cases.
Here's a [relevant comment]:

You're welcome to join the discussion at https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/94597 or https://discuss.python.org/t/37553

[examples/async code]: https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/examples/async/eratosthenes/eratosthenes_asyncio.py#n137
[relevant comment]: https://discuss.python.org/t/37553/25