Hola Francesc,

Il 05/08/2011 08:42, Francesc Alted ha scritto:
> 2011/8/4, Antonio Valentino <a_valent...@users.sourceforge.net>:

[CUT]

>> * leave out, for the moment, advanced packaging #70 and #71 (unless
>>   anyone has already the job done). The debian directory sould be
>>   removed from the master branch IMHO.
>
> OK.  And yes, debian directory should be removed (it is a
> responsibility of the debian maintainer only).

Francesc some time ago I tried to contact the maintained of the debian
package (Wen Heping if I'm not wrong) but without success.
Do you know him?

Since PyTables version currently in debian is outdated (2.1.2) my idea
was to maintain a temporary debian branch (on PyTabes or on my personal
area) to update the package an migrate it to dh7 and dh_python2.

In this way it should be easier for debian developers to push 2.3 in the
main archive when it will be ready.

[CUT]

>> * perform some testing with numpy 1.6.1
>
> Would be great.

Well, I performed a quick test (not --heavy) with numpy 1.6.1 on ubuntu
11.04 amd64 and all seems to work.

>> * update docs for release
>
> Yes, specially ANNOUNCE.txt and RELEASE_NOTES.txt.in

I remember I've seen somewhere a summary of additional features provided
by PyTables Pro but I can't find it anymore.
Do you have some pointer?

>> * beta release
>
> Beta?  Hmm, the PyTables sources are based on a previous stable
> PyTables Pro 2.2.1, and you only made slight changes, so I'd go
> directly with 2.3rc1 (but this is up to you).

Ok for me,
+1 for rc1

>> * full test on all platforms
>
> Yeah, at least with Windows and Linux (MacOSX is similar enough to
> Linux to not have to check it too frequently).  Also, the purpose of a
> release candidate will allow people to check it before a final
> release.

Do we also need to test various combination of python version and libraries?

python 2.6/2.7
hdf5 1.8.x/1.6.10 (maybe only 1.8)
numpy 1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x

No more testing for numarry and Numeric since they are deprecated.

OK, PyTables Pro was already well tested so maybe we don't have to worry
too much in this case but it is useful to know for future releases.

regards

--
Antonio Valentino