Hello Jim,

The major hurdle here is exposing 7Zip to HDF5.  Luckily it appears as if
this may have been taken care of for you by the HDF-group already [1].  You
should google around to see what has already been done and how hard it is
to install.  The next step is to expose this as a compression option for
filters [2].  I am fairly certain that this is just a matter of adding a
simple flag and making sure 7Zip works if available.  This should not be
too difficult at all and we would happily consider/review any pull request
that implemented this.  Barring any major concerns, I feel that it would
likely be accepted.

Be Well
Anthony

1.