Hey,

I think we should focus in fixing regressions that caused people to pin
down pytest back to 2.7.3. Looking at the issues it seems we got all of
those.

Backward compatibility issues which would be nice to have on this release:

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1037
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1073

It would also be nice if we merged
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/1060, as it was contributed by an
enthusiastic user which demonstrated interest in seeing this out soon,
besides fixing some long standing xdist problems.

As a thought, it would be nice to use the filter for the 2.8.1 milestone
[1] to see the issues which we consider critical for the 2.8.1 release. I
guess that doesn't seem to reflect this currently.

[1] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/milestones/2.8.1

Cheers,
Bruno.