I have never seen bounty stuff work well in open source TBH.

Perhaps the website needs to be a bit more pointed in showing that there
are consultants (such as Holger, but surely others too) available to work
on pytest for a fee.

IMO pytest is well into the size and popularity that it would benefit from
a fulltime paid staff or 1 or more. We have quite an active volunteer
community which is great! but it's difficult for volunteers to resolve
problems that require major refactors.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/