On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 11:59:32AM +0000, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
> > (btw - I feel like everyone's life would be easier if we'd just push
> > release canditates to PyPI which are installable with --pre. Then we can
> > also simply do an rc2 in cases like this)
> >

> Hmmm that does sound like a good idea at first. Two things came to my mind
> though:
>
> 1. Doesn't tox install dependencies with --pre? If that's true then tox
> users would install the release candidate by default.

Not by default, only when you tell it to:
http://tox.readthedocs.io/en/latest/config.html#confval-pip_pre=True%7CFalse(default)

> 2. Our release process doesn't account for it today, so we would have to
> review it (specially changelog wise I think).

What would change about changelogs? You could still just finalize the
changelog with the final release, I think.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | m...@the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
   GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072  | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc