Sorry for the noise folks, pytest is a critical project and 2FA will be
mandatory anyway:

2FA requirement

Requiring 2FA for this project will require all collaborators to have 2FA
enabled for their individual account. Any collaborator who does not have
2FA enabled will not be able to manage the project until they enable 2FA.
This project will be part of PyPI's two-factor authentication mandate for
critical projects. As a result, this setting cannot be disabled for this
project.

So no action is required.

Cheers,
Bruno.