Optik 1.5.3
===========

Optik is a powerful, flexible, extensible, easy-to-use command-line
parsing library for Python.  Using Optik, you can add intelligent,
sophisticated handling of command-line options to your scripts with very
little overhead.

I have released Optik 1.5.3 mainly to ensure that Python 2.5 includes a
version of optparse that is derived from a known release of Optik.
Sharp-eyed readers will note that I didn't announce 1.5.2 -- that's
because I released it prematurely, and then noticed a change to
Lib/test/test_optparse.py in the Python source tree that I had to port
to Optik.  Oops.

You can get Optik 1.5.3 from

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/optik

Or you can just wait for Python 2.5rc1, which will include Optik 1.5.3
as optparse.

Anyways, here are the changes since the last proper release (1.5.1):

1.5.3 (23 Jul 2006)
-------------------

  * Port r47026 from Python svn repository: fix unit test so
    it doesn't screw up other tests in the Python test suite.

1.5.2 (22 Jul 2006)

  * Minor documentation tweaks.

  * SF bug #1498146: handle Unicode help strings (affects option help,
    description, and epilog).

--
Greg Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent