I am proud to announce a new source code release of Salstat, the friendly open source statistics program.

It is written in Python with Numpy, SciPy, wxPython and many other Python libraries (see the readme.md

Code is available from GitHub: https://github.com/salmoni/Salstat

## What is Salstat?

Salstat is a program for statistical analysis: Much like SPSS but friendlier and easier to use. It began in 2000 as a project to provide software that removed legacy interfaces and let people learn about statistics rather than having to master an interface. After a career-imposed hiatus since 2003, a few released have crept out over the last year bringing improvements and a more powerful program to people who aren't comfortable with statistics.

## What's new?

This latest release features simple histograms.

## What features does it have?

*Data import*: SAS, CSV, Excel, LibreOffice Calc
*Descriptives*: Too many to mention. There are 9 types of quantile to give you some idea. Can analyse univariate or multivariate data sets. *Inferential tests*: A range of 1 and 2 sample tests, parametric and non-parametric. 2+ sample tests are currently not working because the relevant interface needs a redesign to accommodate them but they will be arriving soon. *Charts, graphs, plots*: Column, bar, scatter, line, spline, area, pie, box plot, histogram.

## Does Salstat need help?

Please pass this news around your social media network to spread the word. Find us on Twitter (@Salstat) and full news articles at http://salstat.blogspot.co.uk/. We're okay with the developer talent (although we're always pleased to hear especially if you can commit long-term) but most of all we need users – which means telling people Salstat exists.

All the best & have fun,

Alan J. Salmoni
Salstat – Friendly open source statistics
GitHub: https://github.com/salmoni/Salstat
Blog: http://salstat.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salstat1
Twitter: @Salstat