Cython 0.27 (and its first bug-fix follow-up) is available. This is a major
feature release that implements most of the new functionality in Python
3.6, as well as some long awaited Cython language features.
What is Cython?
Cython is a widely used and production proven optimising static compiler
for both the Python programming language and the extended Cython
programming language, and one of the pillars of the high-performance Python
ecosystem. It provides direct access to C/C++ libraries and data types as a
language feature, and makes writing fast native C extensions for Python as
easy as Python itself.
These are the major new features in 0.27:
- PEP 484/526 annotation typing
- PEP 525/530 async generators and comprehensions
- automatic "__richcmp__()" generation from "__eq__()" & friends
- support for Python object references in C++ classes
- PGO compilation mode in Jupyter notebooks
Plus many little enhancements and bug fixes. For a longer list of
improvements, see the changelog:
Hope you like it.
Support the Python Software Foundation: