I am pleased to announce the release of NumPy 1.14.2. This is a bugfix
release for some bugs reported following the 1.14.1 release. The major
problems dealt with are as follows.
- Residual bugs in the new array printing functionality.
- Regression resulting in a relocation problem with shared library.
- Improved PyPy compatibility.
This release supports Python 2.7 and 3.4 - 3.6. Wheels for the release are
available on PyPI. Source tarballs, zipfiles, release notes, and the
changelog are available on github
<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/releases/tag/v1.14.2>. The Python 3.6
wheels available from PIP are built with Python 3.6.2 and should be
compatible with all previous versions of Python 3.6. The source releases
were cythonized with Cython 0.26.1, which is known to *not* support the
upcoming Python 3.7 release. People who wish to run Python 3.7 should check
out the NumPy repo and try building with the, as yet, unreleased master
branch of Cython.
A total of 4 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by their
names contributed a patch for the first time.
* Allan Haldane
* Charles Harris
* Eric Wieser
* Pauli Virtanen
Pull requests merged
A total of 5 pull requests were merged for this release.
* `#10674 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/10674>`__: BUG: Further
back-compat fix for subclassed array repr
* `#10725 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/10725>`__: BUG: dragon4
fractional output mode adds too many trailing zeros
* `#10726 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/10726>`__: BUG: Fix f2py
generated code to work on PyPy
* `#10727 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/10727>`__: BUG: Fix missing
NPY_VISIBILITY_HIDDEN on npy_longdouble_to_PyLong
* `#10729 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/10729>`__: DOC: Create
1.14.2 notes and changelog.
Support the Python Software Foundation: