Did anybody say cursed releases
<https://discuss.python.org/t/python-3-10-3-3-9-11-3-8-13-and-3-7-13-are-now-available-with-security-content/14353>?
 Well, it turns out that 3.10.3 and 3.9.11 both shipped a regression which
caused those versions not to build on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. While this
11-year-old version is now out of maintenance support
<https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata>, it’s still used in
production workloads. Some of those rely on Python 3.9 and/or 3.10. In
particular, our own manylinux2010
<https://github.com/pypa/manylinux/tree/manylinux2010_x86_64_centos6_no_vsyscall>
 image used to build widely compatible Linux wheels is based on CentOS 6.
(Don’t worry, we do have newer manylinux* variants, see PEP 599
<https://peps.python.org/pep-0599/> and PEP 600
<https://peps.python.org/pep-0600/> for details.)

Due to the out-of-schedule release, the respective versions released today
contain a very limited set of changes. Python 3.9.12 only contains 12 other bug
fixes on top of 3.9.11. Python 3.10.4 only contains 10 other bug fixes on top
of 3.10.3.

Get 3.10.4 here: Python Release 3.10.4 | Python.org
<https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3104>
Get 3.9.12 here: Python Release 3.9.12 | Python.org
<https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3912>
Hopefully, the third time’s a charm and we’ll return no sooner than May with
the regularly scheduled bug fix releases of 3.9 and 3.10.

<https://discuss.python.org/t/python-3-10-4-and-3-9-12-are-now-available-out-of-schedule/14568#we-hope-you-enjoy-the-new-releases-1>We
 hope you enjoy the new releases

Your friendly release team,
Łukasz Langa @ambv <https://discuss.python.org/u/ambv>