On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 14:41:22 -0800, Ned Deily <n...@acm.org> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2013, at 13:51 , Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:
>
> > On ven., 2013-11-29 at 13:16 -0800, Ned Deily wrote:
>
> >> Why is it that we find him so annoying, enough to advocate fairly
> >> drastic measures like banning?  There have been and will be others who
> >> behave similarly.
> > I've only been here since 2006 or so, but I can't remember someone
> > behaving like that on such a frequent and long-lived basis. He does
> > stand out.
>
> I think he stands out in part because we've spotlighted him.

I don't.  There is *no one* else whose name on an email or bug tracker
issue makes my stomach clench up right away(*).  This is based on my
personal interactions with him, not anything I've heard from others.

The most telling thing is that there are times when he is perfectly
reasonable and pleasant.  So it's not like he doesn't know how.
He chooses not to be.

--David

(*) I've gotten better at dealing with this; the negative reaction
doesn't last nearly as long as it used to.  That doesn't make it any
more fun when he's being unpleasant, though.