> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 09:40 Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us
> <mailto:et...@stoneleaf.us>> wrote:
>
>>  Question:  I noticed a couple issues on b.p.o that were being
>> closed by contributors (not core-devs, not their own issues).

>> Should non-core-devs be closing issues that do not belong to them?

On 6/6/2016 1:17 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
Some non-core devs have elevated privileges on the tracker to help with
issue triage.

I believe that only originators, coredevs, and triagers can close, but not random others. I was a triager before being promoted.

I have wondered whether triagers should have a symbol after their name -- perhaps &.

tjr