On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 12:13 AM, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
> I can't believe it's been 4 weeks. It feels like it was ages/yesterday when
> we moved. :)
>
> First, I hope people are not regretting letting/having me make this
> migration. I know there have been some things to work through (and others
> still to come), but I hope this is all a net positive (either now or in the
> near future).
>
> Second, I wanted to get initial feedback on things we can easily tweak:
>
> Requiring Travis to pass (I really don't want to turn this off as we already
> had a broken build when I temporarily turned it off at someone's request
> when Travis was backed up from the AWS S3 outage; I also don't plan to make
> AppVeyor required unless there's a way to make it be skipped for doc-only
> changes)
> Cherry-picking working out? (We can go back to forward merging if people
> really want to, but I think long-term cherry-picking will allow for more
> automation)
>
> Along with that, are the labels for cherry-picking working out? (Some devs
> seem to like using title labels like `[3.6]` to flag cherry-picks so it's
> more obvious in emails so I don't know if the labels are really that useful)
>
> Is the mention bot helpful? (Our config is at
> https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/.mention-bot and the docs are
> at https://github.com/facebook/mention-bot)
> Anything to tweak about the coverage bot and reports? (Our config is at
> https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/.codecov.yml and docs at
> https://docs.codecov.io/docs/codecov-yaml)
>
> Third, I wanted to point out some of the more critical discussions going on
> at https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues. Specifically,
> https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/6 is working towards a
> solution for Misc/NEWS so if you care about the final solution you should
> participate there. After Misc/NEWS is solved the next step becomes solving
> the cherry-picking overhead with a more automated approach. We are also
> discussing closed branches to make the list of branches more manageable at
> https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/31.
>
> Fourth, the lack of messages showing up on bugs.python.org after a commit is
> being tracked at http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue613. I'm
> sure Ezio and Maciej would appreciate any help people may be able to
> volunteer to help in solving the problem.

I'm planning to look at this next week (if Maciej doesn't beat me to it).
FTR we have been working on a docker container that contains a test
instance of the tracker: https://github.com/python/docker-bpo/
Even though there are still a few rough edges, it's now pretty
straightforward to get a test tracker up and running.
Next we are planning to make a script to test/debug GitHub payloads
(so I can easily debug issue613) and eventually we will put the image
on DockerHub.

> Fifth, anything I missed? :)

I find the documentation in the devguide still lacking.
I've been trying to improve it, but first I have to figure out all the
details of the new workflow.

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti