On 2017-12-07 22:28, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> That’s good feedback!  I want to be clear about the purpose of this image,
> both in that it’s blessed and maintained by us, and that its focus is on the
> Python library and application developer (primarily for testing purposes).
>
> So maybe: Python.Org Official Multiversion Development Docker Image
> Doubleplus Good!

Why is there 'Docker' in the name? Is the container image restricted to
Docker runtime or can I use it with lxc, systemd-nspawn, rkt, or any
other container runtime, too?

There are likely legal issues with the name, too. After all 'Docker' is
a registered trademark of Docker, Inc [1]. I'd be careful and call it
'Python.Org Official Multiversion Development Supercalifragilistic
Container Image' instead.

Christian

[1] https://www.docker.com/brand-guidelines