Dr. Mark Shannon contributed the "key sharing dictionary" to Python, writing both the PEP and the implementation.  This shipped in Python 3.3 and was listed as one of the top features of that release as according to the "What's New?" document.

We've asked Mark in the past if he'd be interested in becoming a core developer--and he actually said no.  At the time he said he didn't like our antiquated workflow.  Now that we've switched to the git-based core dev workflow, this objection is gone, and he's now interested in accepting the commit bit and the responsibilities that it entails.

I suspect you, my colleagues in CPython core development, will be surprised at the current state of affairs.  I'm expecting a load of "you mean Mark *isn't* a core developer yet?" replies.

Submitted for your consideration,

//arry/