> On Nov 3, 2018, at 3:19 PM, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 3, 2018, at 3:17 PM, Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org
>> <mailto:anto...@python.org>> wrote:
>>

>> Le 03/11/2018 à 20:15, Donald Stufft a écrit :
>>>
>>> I’m the other way. I basically don’t participate in python-dev or
>>> python-ideas anymore because of the issues mailing lists have.
>>
>> Just a question: which tool do you use to participate in distutils-sig
>> discussions, then?
>>

> It’s the only mailing list (well besides this one, but this one only because
> it’s low traffic enough normally I didn’t filter it out into a folder to
> ignore) I still actively participate in. Even there I’ve been consciously
> pushing more of my own traffic to GitHub, or avoiding doing things that would
> require discussion on distutils-sig instead working on things that I could
> discuss entirely on GitHub.
>
> My experience with the Governance discussion lead me to post
> https://mail.python.org/mm3/archives/list/distutils-...@python.org/message/VXXPZCVRLH27N46TR3P6IEOKIA47POCM/
>
> <https://mail.python.org/mm3/archives/list/distutils-...@python.org/message/VXXPZCVRLH27N46TR3P6IEOKIA47POCM/>
>  last night, so I’m pulling myself generally out of distutils-sig as well.

Oh yea, and I forgot to mention that I’ve been trying to advocate for pulling
the packaging tools out of the PEP process and into our own process, ideally
based on GitHub or Discourse or anything with modern UI affordances. That’s not
entirely due to the pain of mailing lists, but that’s part of it.