If you like the way mail.python.org and Mailman (both 2 and 3) Just Work, and
are about as reliable as any service can be, we have our wonderful postmasters
to thank.  Mark has been a postmaster for years and is currently maintaining
GNU Mailman, both as a project and as a service on mpo.  Abhilash maintains the
GNU Mailman 3 branch, has been project leader since I retired in that role back
in 2017, and also maintains the Mailman 3 instance on mail.python.org.

More than that, because of their roles as Mailman developers, they have a deep
knowledge of email in general, and in the email package in particular.  As I
rarely dabble in the email package these days, and RDM --who did a fantastic
job of implementing the new APIs and features in email for Python 3— has also
scaled back his involvement, it means that the email package doesn’t get much
attention these days.  Both Mark and Abhilash have an interest in helping to
maintain the email package moving forward, and both are eminently qualified to
do so.

I have worked with both of them for many many years, and I have the utmost
respect for their technical and social skills, their understanding of Python
processes, and their love of the Python language and community.  I've sprinted
with them at many Pycons, until I scaled back my involvement with Mailman.
Both are here sprinting at Pycon 2019.

Therefore, with their permission, I propose extending core developer rights to
both Mark and Abhilash.

As per PEP 13, I plan on opening a vote on Discourse next week (once I kind of
recover from Pycon) for each developer.

Cheers,
-Barry