On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 21:26, Thomas Wouters <tho...@python.org> wrote:

> Just to remind people, the deadline for nominations is this Friday (ish).
> (There's only 4 nominations so far...)
>
> Also, remember that you don't have to nominate yourself, or even another core
> developer. You just have to be a core developer in order to nominate someone.
> (Do ask whether people want it before you nominate them though ;-P)

Also note that I will be stepping down from the Steering Council, so
there will be at least one new member needed for the new council.

This is a combination of the SC having completed the tasks I most
wanted to be involved in (establishing our working relationship with
the PSF, and updating PEP 1 for the new governance model, including
ratifying the standing delegations to PyPA members), and also having
other demands on my time and attention which resulted in my not being
able to be as active and constructive a participant in the SC as I
would have wished.

Cheers,
Nick.