On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 1:10 AM Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de> wrote:

> Gregory P. Smith schrieb am 15.04.20 um 23:33:
> > FWIW, I found it surprising to learn that there even was an online
> language
> > summit happening (yesterday).  I hadn't heard about that being planned at
> > all.
> >
> > Just because I said "no" to attending the physical one sometime in
> ~January
> > doesn't mean I would've had the same response to joining an online one.
> >
> > But I decided to dismiss this as "whatever" rather than a diss.  I
> realize
> > coordinating these things takes work and limiting attendance only to
> those
> > who signed up for the physical one was probably easiest to transition the
> > existing plans to.
> >
> > I am reliant on summaries and anyone attending posting details.  Everyone
> > please share your slides if you have any that are meaningful without a
> talk
> > to go with them. At least to this committers list or discourse forum.  I
> > expect I feel just like all of our non-travel-enabled colleagues who feel
> > left out on a recurring basis.  =)
> >
> > Happy summiting!
>
> +1 to all of this, FWIW.
>
> Stefan

I'm sorry for the lack of information and communication from our side.
Please take into consideration that the idea of online language summit was
conceived, planned, and organized within the past 30 days amidst the global
covid-19 pandemic.
As a comparison, we had begun planning for the in-person language summit
since fall of 2019.

In our limited time and energy available, we as language summit chairs made
the choice to prioritize those who were already prepared and committed to
attend the in-person language summit, that they get the experienced we
promised. Additionally, we haven't organized such online meeting discussion
with 50 active participants before, we're still learning this new process
and did not know how well it would go.
So we decided to be conservative in our effort, and we chose to keep it a
small manageable group.

I do recognize that we could at least have sent out an update to the
community about the remote language summit, even if we couldn't take in
additional participants.
I'll definitely keep this in mind for future events.

Thank you for your understanding.