On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 1:32 PM Christian Heimes <christ...@python.org>
wrote:

> On 03/03/2021 21.54, Brett Cannon wrote:
> > Has this been submitted to the SC yet? I can't find an email or anything
> > at
> >
> https://github.com/python/steering-council/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+644
> > <
> https://github.com/python/steering-council/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+644
> >.
>
> Err ... no. I was not aware that I have to formerly submit a PEP to the
> SC for approval. I thought that pushing the PR and announcing it on DPO
> was good enough.

We ask people to explicitly tell us when they are ready for a PEP to be
reviewed as we otherwise don't know when you as a PEP author think the PEP
is in a finished state and is no longer changing. Otherwise we would be
reading PEPs that are constantly changing underneath us as the conversation
happens and PEP authors update things accordingly.

The preference is opening an issue at
https://github.com/python/steering-council/issues as it's the easiest way
for us to track what we are being asked to consider and for other PEP
authors to know what our review queue looks like (currently sits at 5 PEPs).