On 21.04.2021 12:16, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> The idea that we should warn before significant changes to behaviour --
> documented behaviour, like function annotations being evaluated at definition
> time, or behaviour commonly depended on, like 'with' being allowed as an
> identifier because it wasn't explicitly listed as a keyword -- is not new.
> It's
> covered by PEP 387: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0387/

Perhaps we should reconsider making deprecation warnings only
visible by explicitly enabling them and instead make them visible
by default.

This would create more noise for users, but for the better, since
planned changes then become more visible and can be addressed
either by silencing the warning (and opening a ticket to get
the change addressed) or by fixing the code in a new release.

If package authors were to get into the habit of doing the
silencing for their users after opening a ticket, that would
probably make the whole process more streamlined and effective.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Apr 21 2021)

               https://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                     https://www.malemburg.com/