FYI, after getting nudged by Jack Jansen (thanks!), I'm using 2FA on
GIthub now. If I can do it, anyone can. On WIndows desktop, no smart
phone, no cell phone, no QR code scanner. Using Authy (free), which
did one setup step via a landline phone call instead (Authy does
demand to know _a_ phone number for you).

No, I have no real idea what I did, or why, and part didn't work until
I deleted an embedded space from a copy/paste of a 6-digit integer
Authy told me to paste into Github. And I have no interest in knowing
more about it either ;-)

if-it's-incomprehensible-it-must-be-secure-ly y'rs  - tim