On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 2:27 PM Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:

> One of the bpo admins should delete bpo user skoolbeep/Spammer 'Spammer'
> is the 'real name'!
> https://bugs.python.org/user?username=skoolbeep&realname=&github=&%40action=search
> see https://bugs.python.org/issue44550

I'm the one who set the 'real name' on that user as a warning to
others, and also removed the "User" role from the account such that
they should no longer be able to comment or do anything at all on
bugs.python.org with that account.  Deleting it at this point would
allow them to re-register with the same email address.

There are a few other similar accounts, see
https://bugs.python.org/user?username=&realname=Spammer&github=&%40action=search
(one of those I messed up a bit by actually changing the email
address, which basically just made it a dead account that's no longer
tied to the email address, leaving the spammer free to create a new
account with that address).

I'm not sure what I've been doing for these is the *best* course of
action, but it seems to have been relatively effective at stopping
those particular accounts from spamming.

--
Zach